Harp NG

Harp NG
click here for info

Advert

Advert
click image for info

Monday 24 November 2014

I wont charge for features too. Tolu fame (@iamthatolu)

So many people know you from your days at mtn project fame, but for the sake of those who don't, tell us about yourself

My name is tolu Abraham Adesina was born and raised in kaduna my parents are from oyo state. I've been singing since I was 11
Prior to project fame I've been to 6 different competitions that I did make the cut. But project fame was my launch pad I came in 5th place.

5th you said? How were you able to pull that off? Coming 5 and now the rave ofthe moment. How do you feel?

I feel immensely grateful I was the underdog the one pushed aside but im so happy to see the new reception to my craft.
And I owe it to my record deal and most of Don jazzy who helped make the difference

Before this track you did with the mavin boss (my lover), how many tracks have you done after the project fame competition

Arewa, whyne it, never, shakara, gets me up, missing you, all around the world
7 tracks in total

And none of those seven have received massive airplay like My Lover?

Nope they were all drowned cuz I couldn't push em properly

Talking about publicity, do you think its right for TV and radio stations to request for money from upcoming artistes before airing a track?

Hmm...thats a tough one, well things are done a certain way but there should be room for supporting untapped talent..
My record label headed by mr. Shawn and Don jazzy gave me chance
I hope to maximize it

OK can you say you are just among the lucky few who get heard?

I would definitely say that.

away from music a bit, how was growing up like? did your parents support your music career?

My parents knew at a young age that I wasin love with music it grew worse when I became a young adult almost distracting my studies
So my parents raised a red flag
But I managed to finish my school and pursue my dreams
Now they support my dreams 100%.

so, which schools did you attend?

Saint Anne's nursery and primary school, Wilson Colledge, Christ ambassadors college, first Baptist high school then kaduna state poly

GAME SESSION- Memory Lane

You will mention some names from your growing up then we will mention a name we hope you should remember.
..
My mum and dad mr. And mrs. Adesina, George maji Barnabas Arastus

okay, so mention some friends that you will like to appreciate. and people you sang together with during school days

Paul, Amos, Jessy, Steve, john we sang in a crew called fg6

Praise Emmanuel, does that name ring a bell?

Oh yes, we sang together on many platforms.

Nice of you to remember, that brings us to this next question.
Do you think its music or popularity that makes celebs forget those whom they have at one time worked together?

Na an artist is a pressured person constantly so sometimes its not u forget ur priorities are shifted... No, its not that.
You forget... Your priorities kinda shift and ure soo distracted, the pressure is much, trust me.

What inspires you?

Everything, love people around me, pain and life itself.

Talking about love and people around you. Are you single or ready to mingle?

I'm in a serious relationship with my #prettyones *smiles

Whats your Advice to other upcoming artistes

Never give up. if this is what u really want stubbornly fight for it

Who are the other artistes you'd like to work with?

All the mavins

Let's have a run down of your favourite top ten music videos

1. Dorobucci- mavin
2. Adaobi- mavin
3. Jaye ori mi-Banky w
4. Bow down- timaya
5. Iyawo mi-timi dakolo
6. Oreo-iyanya
7. Give it to me-skales
8. Waje feat Tiwa
9. Flavor feat Wande coal
10. Thief -simi

Who do you think is the most beautiful female artiste in Nigeria?

Tiwa Savage... thats just my opinion might be different from urs tho

Finally, ice prince has said he doesn't charge for features. What's your opinion about this trend of celebs asking upcoming artistes to pay before they can feature them?

Like I said there's should be room for supporting upcoming artist I wouldn't charge either...

Are you now part of the Mavins?

Nope my record label "alyhills records" its affiliated with mavins....

For bookings who are your fans to contact?

my manager's number is...08117152655

From all of us at Bond TV we wish Tolu a very prosperous career.

The image there is a message from Praise Emmanuel (and old friend) to Tolu...

Culled from Bond TV
@bond_TV on twitter and Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed ByBlogger Templates